Followers

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Make a Deal

We clawed at the walls for hours only to find ourselves with depleted strength and dirt beneath our nails. The sun was setting, and with it our hopes of ever escaping. It seemed we would never make it out. That we were left here to rot. "Let's make a deal." Ruth says from the surface. Her face is hidden from our line of vision. "Who said that?" I ask. "Who do you think?" She replies. "What do you want, Ruth?" Olivia asks. "I want you to leave, and if you both left now I will let your falcon live." "Kinda hard to leave when we're stuck down here." I snip. "I will get you out of there, but you must leave now." "That's fine. We didn't want to come back anyways." I say. "Then why did you come back?" She questions. "We didn't know where else to go." Olivia, nervously jumps in. "I see. I'll have my men fetch a ladder. Stay where you are." She chuckles to herself. It is loud at first, then fainter and fainter. Eventually we can't hear her laughter anymore, and it is dead silent.

No comments:

Post a Comment