Followers

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Diversion

I led Mamba back to the dungeon entrance. He was perplexed and intrigued. "What manner of trickery are you conducting?" He asks. I point to the door. "I said we needed a distraction. Here it is." "Are you suggesting letting the prisoners loose?" "Yes I am." "That is mad. Truly mad... but I like it." "Does that mean you're in on it?" I ask. "Assuming they won't harm us, yes." "I'll throw open the door, and we'll hide behind it, but I can't make any promises." "What about your lady?" He wonders. "I know she'll be able to defend herself." Mamba thinks for a moment. "I am up for danger. I am up for this." With that he rhythmically and cartoonishly knocks on the door. I have a feeling he didn't need to go as big this time, but I know he enjoys putting on a show. Mama yanked open the door and we hide behind it. I expected all the prisoners to rush out at once. That wasn't the case. Not even one walked out. It was concerning. Mama, however, assured me he had it. He stepped one foot into the dungeon and let out a bloodcurdling scream. Within moments every single prisoner rushed out of the dungeon past Mamba. They all ran down the stairs screaming with terror in their eyes. After the last prisoner ran down the stairs Mamba swung the door shut and clapped his hands together. "Alright, let's hope this diversion worked."

No comments:

Post a Comment