Followers

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Blocked


  • Leaving the apartment complex proved to be more difficult than either Norm or Olivia anticipated. Huge, fallen slabs of concrete blocked the one and only door. "So much for that." Olivia says. She starts to walk away. "Where are you going?" "This way is blocked. I'm going back to the window." "Fuck that. I ain't going back there." Norm replies. "Then what do you suggest? We can't go through there." "I can. There's a little opening. I can squeeze in there." "And what about me?" Olivia asks. "I didn't forget about you. I'll go in and then I'll remove the concrete." "But that has to weigh a ton." Olivia says. Norm flexes his muscles. "I'm strong." Olivia sighs. "You don't believe me, but I am. I'm very strong. " "I don't know. Why can't we just go through the window?" Norm shakes his head. "You don't want to do that. Trust me after an explosion like that there's no way that fire escape could support us." Olivia looks down. "I guess you're right. Just please be quick." Norm gently kisses Olivia's hand. "I'll be like lighting." He then scurries through the tiny opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment