Followers

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Rainy Search

The sky was dark and foreboding as we searched in the meadow for Freddy. It rained lightly, but then gradually picked up. We weren't having any luck. We were just getting soaked. "Isn't that tree house around here?" I casually suggest. "Perhaps." Norm responds. "You want to find it? Maybe he's over there." Norm glares at me. "What?" "I'm not stupid. I know what you're trying to do." He says. "Can you blame me?" I ask. "Just go!" He shouts. "Norm, we're sorry." Olivia says. "Go!" He shouts again. "Go to your comfort and your shelter."  Olivia and I stand still for a moment. We are speechless. "You really should go." Norm loweres his head. "I'm sorry." Olivia says again. "It's fine, but you should go. You'll get sick." "What about you?" I ask. "I'll be fine. I'm a raccoon. Now find the tree. I'll meet up with you."

No comments:

Post a Comment