Followers

Friday, January 13, 2017

Turned Away

I was pretending to be a hostage again. I was doing the same exact plan that didn't pan out so well the last time. Was I crazy? Was I having a masochistic moment? I looked at Jones and I felt pity. It was tragic, but I should have been looking out for myself. At any rate we marched up to the Grand Tower with his unloaded rifle aimed at my back. He made sure that the gun was clearly visible so no snipers would take me out. When we finally got to the tower it was quiet. Eerily quiet. Normally before one would get anywhere near the door a guard would spring out to "greet" you. Not this time. Jones pounded on the steel door. A moment later a recording of Eagle Eyes' voice played over the intercom. "We're sorry, but we can't grant asylum to anyone at this moment." Jones, unsure of what he heard, banged on the door again. "We're sorry, but we can't grant asylum to anyone at this moment." The recording repeated. "What? That can't be right." Jones says. He bangs the door a third time and the recording plays yet again. "What's going on?" "They've turned their back on us." I reply. "Maybe on you, but never me." He snaps. Jones furiously pounds the door. This time we can barely hear the recording. I have to pull him away from the door. "They won't let us in." I say firmly. "Why not?" "I don't know, but they've made up their and there is nothing we can do to convince them." Jones stares at me like a lost puppy. "Jones, we're not welcome here." "But why?" "No, forget why. Why doesn't matter. Why isn't important right now. All you need to know right now is that they don't like us." "They don't like us?" Jones says, confused. "Exactly. They don't like us. Right now they're probably watching us with their scopes so we need to get the hell away from here."

No comments:

Post a Comment