Followers

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Onward

For a while the plan seemed to be working. I walked with such an air of confidence that Jones believed I was taking him to a secret lair. However, after marching through several neighborhoods he eventually spoke up. "How far is she?" "Pretty far. Come on, keep walking." But Jones stood still. "Why would she come out this far?" He asks. "You don't know?" "No, I don't." "It's obvious really." Jones frowns. "Indulge." "Why would she set up a base near the Grand Tower? Don't you think she'd be asking to get caught?" "I suppose you're right, but how can she attack from way out here? I mean are we even in the city limits anymore?" "She's wiley." I reply simply. Jones shakes his head. "That she is. Well if there is nothing left to discuss let us go onward. Let us not lose daylight." We continued walking in silence for a few moments until we heard a loud explosion. It shook the ground, and knocked us off our feet. "What the hell was that?" Jones shouts. "Probably a bomb." I say not thinking. "A bomb. Did you say a bomb?" He says dusting himself off. "It's what I said. I don't know what it is." Jones aims his gun at my face."Bullshit. That was your friends that did that." "But that could have been anything." "It could have, but it wasn't. We're marching back there right now because unlike you I don't leave my friends behind."

No comments:

Post a Comment