Followers

Friday, January 6, 2017

Maze

I am not fond of Sgt. Rodgers in the slightest, but I couldn't lead Jones to her. Not if I thought Olivia was with her, and I did. I needed my wits for this one. Fortunately, I find that you can convince anyone of anything as long as you present yourself as confident. I led Jones down allleys, through gangwsys, and up sidewalks. The city was starting to look more and more like a maze with every twist and turn, but he never let on to even a hint of frustration. In fact he found it exciting. He knew I was taking him to a secure, secret area. He did, however, ask to stop once he spotted a park bench. Something I thought was most peculiar. "Aren't you a soldier?" I ask, watching him catch his breath. "Captain." He corrects. "Well, as a Captain shouldn't you be used to this?" "I am, but that doesn't mean I don't get tired." "I guess, but what about Eagle Eyes?" "Eagle Eyes isn't here. Nor is anyone else." There is a brief pause. Jones scoots over and ushers me to sit down. I shake my head no. "Why do you want to find her so bad?" "Aside from giving myself a name I guess revenge. She put a knife in my leg. I won't ever forget that." "That was fucked up." I reply. "No, it was very fucked up. " I take a deep breath. "What if she isn't there when we get there?" "Why wouldn't she be there?" "Come on. You worked with her. You know how she is. She's probably on to us. So she won't stay in the same spot for long." Jones nods slowly. "You have a point, but we might as well try." "Onward?" I suggest. Jones stands up. "Onward."

No comments:

Post a Comment