Followers

Monday, January 9, 2017

Explosion

Olivia and Norm boarded up the windows and doors to the studio apartment. No one was getting in. At least not easily. When they were done with their work, they both wearily plopped down on the floor. "So, that's it, huh?" Norm says. "I guess so." Olivia replies. "Anything to do in here?" Norm asks. "There's no T.V., but there are a  bunch of old books scattered about." "I don't feel like reading right now." "Me either." Olivia lays down on the floor. "How long do you think we'll be here?" Norm wonders. "I have no idea. About as long as it takes." Norm is unsatisfied with the answer, but he too lays down on the floor. He stares at the ceiling. They stay like that for a few moments until they are interrupted by a loud explosion that shakes the whole apartment. "Holy shit. Did you feel that?" Norm asks, jumping up. "No, I didn't feel that massive explosion that just happened." Norm grits his teeth. "No need for sarcasm." "Sorry, but yes, I did feel it." Olivia goes to the window. She removes the mattress slightly so she can look out. "You see anything?" Norm shouts from across the room. "Just smoke." Olivia covers the window back up and walks over to Norm. "I think we have to go out there." "Now you want to fight?" "I don't want to, but I have to." Olivia clarifies. "Why is that?" "Our friends are out there.This is bad." Norm pauses to take in the information. "You don't have to go, but I am." Olivia says. Norm takes a deep breath."I'll go too."

No comments:

Post a Comment