Followers

Monday, January 16, 2017

Parting

I glanced over my shoulder constantly as Jones and I  backed away from the Grand Tower. I kept thinking "Now is the time when he strikes. "  It didn't exactly happen like that, but how were we to know? "Where are you gonna go?" Jones asks. "I'm gonna find Olivia. I miss her. It's been a while." "You think she's ok?" "I know she's ok." Jones knowingly nods. "You can come with me." I add. "I can't. My work isn't done. I have friends that are down. I can save some of them." "But how?" I ask. Jones shrugs. "There's got to be a medical bag around here somewhere." "But do you know how to remove a bullet or bandage someone properly?" "I can figure it out." He says confidently. I smile. "That you can." Jones puts out his hand. "Until next time." I shake his hand. "Until next time." I look at Jones in the eyes. We both know we probably won't cross paths again, but we leave it at that and we both go our separate ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment