Followers

Monday, January 30, 2017

Norm In a Daze

I was excited beyond excitement as I ran out of the willow tree house. It was still raining a bit, but I didn't care. We found Freddy alive and well, and I was going to tell Norm the good news.  It should be said that searching for a small animal in a meadow is like finding a needle in a haystack. I was out there for a few minuets calling his name. Finally I saw a movement in the high grass area. I ran over there and found Norm, sitting and staring into space. "Hey Norm."  He cocked his head to me. He didn't respond verbally, but it was good to see some movement from him. "We found Freddy." Norm turns his head away from me. "Didn't you hear me? I said we found Freddy." Norm continues to stare into space. "Are you mad at me? Did you want to find him yourself?" I ask. "No. I'm not mad." "Then what is it. You like you've seen a ghost." Norm turns to me again. This time, however, with wide eyes. "Oh my God." I kneel down beside him. "Where was it?" "Right here." There is a brief pause. Norm lowers his head. "I can't believe I passed out." "Hey, it's understandable. I didn't like them either." "What do we do?" Norm asks. "We go back to the willow tree." "Can they get us there?" I shrug. "Up until a minuet ago I thought they stayed underground." Norm sighs. "That's not what I wanted to hear." "I apologize, but I can't promise that the banshees won't attack us there." "What can you promise?" Norm asks. "I can promise that there is strength in numbers." Norm nods in agreement. "Yeah, I like that. Strength in numbers."

No comments:

Post a Comment