Followers

Friday, January 20, 2017

Reunion

Olivia and Norm walked in a daze staring at the rubble and delapadated buildings. "You think we're the last ones alive?" Norm asks. "Don't say that. I don't want to think that." Olivia shouts. "You're not the only one looking for a friend." Norm says quietly. "I'm sorry." "It's fine." "You think he's still with Sgt. Rodgers?" Olivia asks. "I don't know." They walk for a while in silence until they see a figure. Olivia takes no risks. She fires a pink heart at the figure before it can step any closer. That figure turned out to be me. I felt the heart sink into my chest. It was  warm and I smiled briefly as I continued walking. Olivia put up her hand. "Stop. I'll shoot again." "It's me."  I say calmly. Olivia puts her hand down. I walk up to her and wrap my arms around her. "It's really you." She says with teary eyes. "It really is." I reply. We are about to kiss, but Norm interrupts us. "Good to see you." He says. "It's good to see you too." I say genuinely. "I don't suppose you've seen Freddy." He asks. I shake my head. "I have not." Norm lowers his head. "We'll  find him." Olivia says, trying her best to cheer him up. "Yeah, how? If he's alive he could be anywhere." Olivia takes a deep breath. "He's alive, and we will find him."

No comments:

Post a Comment