Followers

Monday, January 2, 2017

The Veteran's Speech

I stuck to the plan. I repented like I said I would, and now I found myself  holding an assault rifle, preparing for battle while a grizzled, old man with a cane spoke to me and my new friends in arms. "There is an ever present threat looming in on us." The old man says, addressing the audience of soldiers. "We sent out a handful of men to snuff out the problem." The old man reflects for a moment. "Unfortunately, as of yet no one has been able to locate the problem." "That's because they were all pussies." A random soldier shouts. The old man is slightly thrown off by the interjection, but he continues none the less. "I assure you, they were all able bodied." "Then what was the problem?" The  soldier shouts. The old man angrily eyes the soldier. "It wasn't lack of discipline. That we know. Get him out of here." The old man says, spitting venom. Two big guards push themselves through the crowd. One of them hits the soldier over the head with a billy club. The soldier goes down in an instant. The guards then drag him away. The old man goes back to his speech as if nothing happened. "As I said there is an ever present danger. We have not located the problem yet, but I believe in strength in numbers. We will win. We will be victorious, and this will never happen again." The crowd cheers. "Now got out there each and every one of you. Do you duty. Defend the hive. These are strange times, but no one will take us down. No one!" The crowd erupts into mad cheers again, and I wonder, just how am I going to get out of this one?

No comments:

Post a Comment