Followers

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Time of Caution

The players were in their usual spots. Davies stood at the doorway with his arms crossed, Todd worked furiously at the desk, and Eagle Eyes stood by the widow, glancing down at the empty city. "Why did you turn them away?" Todd asks. "What was that?" Eagle Eyes says,still looking out the window. "I said why did you turn them away? We have room for at least two more." "That we do, but now is a time for caution." "How right you are sir." Davies chimes in. Eagle Eyes sighs. "Look at chaos down there." "It's a tragedy." Davies says. Eagle Eyes turns to Davies. "It's a shame. That's what it is. Shows an utter lack of imagination." Davies squints his eyes."I beg your pardon, sir." "Ms.Rodgers basically had reality in her hands with those yellow globes. She could have created anything she wanted, but what did she do? She made bombs." "I suppose that's all she could think of." Davies says. Eagle Eyes inched closer to Davies. "Are you defending her?" "No sir, but I don't she could dream any better."  Eagle Eyes takes a deep breath then turns back to the window. "You might be right,but I don't like this one bit." "I don't either sir." There is a brief pause. "What shall be the next plan of action?" Davies askes."I want you to stand next to me. Dawn will be here soon. Guard the window. No one is stopping us from leaving this place."

No comments:

Post a Comment