Followers

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Breaking In

Most the cop cars were located in the back behind a fence. I don't mind climbing fences. In fact it's actually one of my favorite activities. However, if I did that now that would mean I'd have to hot wire a car, and it didn't exactly go well last time. I got schocked. So, we did the next best thing. We broke into the station. We pounded down the door, smashed glass, ripped open countless desk drawers. Did I enjoy the process a bit much? It's possible, but can you blame me? When we finished the place looked like a tornado hit it. There were files and papers scattered everywhere. You couldn't see the linoleum if you tried. I was about ready to give up when Olivia walked out of the room. She came back a second later with a set of janitorial keys. She jangles them to get my attention. "Did you know where those were the whole time?" I ask. She nods. "Most of the time." "Why didn't you say anything?" "I don't know. I was enjoying watching you go mad." I sigh. "Ready to go?" She nods. "Don't leave." A voice cries out. Neither Olivia nor I say anything. "I know you're there." It says. We still don't say anything. "Please, they left me here all alone." "Who left you here?" I ask it. Olivia mouths "Why?"  to me. "Oh good. I was hoping you'd talk to me. I've been longing for communication." "Who are you?" I ask. "A prisoner." It replies. "How long have you been here?" "A long time. A very long time." It says. I start to walk to the voice. Olivia grabs my wrist. "Don't ." She says. "I have to." "No, you don't." She insists. "Yes, I do. He needs us. He needs food." "This could be a trick." "I'll take the risk." I say pulling away. I continue to walk towards the voice.  Olivia reluctantly follows.

No comments:

Post a Comment