Followers

Thursday, May 4, 2017

Window Repair

We worked long into the night with little, if any results. It seemed like there was an endless supply of broken glass.  Eventually around twelve, Olivia called it a night. She found a room above the malt shop and crashed for a few hours.  I, however, stayed behind. I wasn't expecting to get much done, but I wasn't ready to call it quits either.  I continued to sweep, but I noticed it was getting chilly. A cold wind was blowing through the gaping hole in the window. Luckily, I found a garbage and tape in the closet. I repaired the hole as best as I could with those materials. It made a horrendous noise when the wind crashed against it, but at least it blocked the weather. I stood back, admiring my work for a minuet. Then I heard something scurrying behind the counter. "Olive?" "Nope. I'm way cuter." A voice replies. I turn around to see Norm standing on the counter, wearing a paper hat. "What are you doing here?" I ask. "I should be asking you the same question."

No comments:

Post a Comment