Followers

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Tell a Friend

Norm left early in the day to figure out our water situation. I didn't know where he was going to go or who he'd possibly talk to ,but he seemed like a man (or shall I say raccoon?) On a mission. So I trusted him. The wounded soldier, meanwhile slept so late in the day that we almost forgot he was there. When he finally came down he appeared more relaxed. More calm. He thanked us multiple times and started to head out the door. Olivia stopped him. "You should recommend our place to friends." "I don't mean to be rude, lady, but does it look like I have friends?" "I don't know." "Well, I don't. " "What about the other soldiers? Isn't there someone you can tell?" I ask. He shakes his head.  "After the battle...after the explosion...we all kinda splintered. Everyone went their own ways." "Where will you go?" I ask. "Don't know. Maybe east." "You can stay." I say. "Thanks, but I don't believe in staying in one place for too long." I nod and help him with the door. Just as he is about to exit, Norm rushes up to us."Guys, fantastic news!" He shouts. "We have water!"

No comments:

Post a Comment