Followers

Friday, May 12, 2017

New Clothes

There was no soap or towels or curtains in the upstairs apartments. Something the wounded soldier would soon find out. When he came downstairs he was still soaking. His clothes clung to his body tightly. I couldn't imagine it was comfortable.  "We're sorry. We forgot there's no towels." I say.  "That's fine. I'll dry soon enough." The soldier rests by a booth. "I was thinking about doing something else." "Like what?" Olivia asks. "I don't know. But I don't think I want to do anymore soldiering." "Well, the world is yours." Olivia says. The soldier smiles. "That it is." He starts to unbutton his shirt. "What are you doing!" Olivia shouts. "I'm no longer a soldier hence I don't need the uniform." "I get that, but you can't change here." "Why not?" He asks. "Because I said so." The soldier leans back. "Alright. I didn't have anything to change into anyways." "I can help with that." Norm says. He scurries behind the counter. I can't tell what he is doing , but I hear him muttering "where is is it?" A moment later he reamerges with a pile of clothes. He presents it to the soldier. The soldier studies the clothes carefully. "Candy cane stripes?" "Yeah. Guess some employee left 'em behind. Now they're yours.Wear 'em if you like. But don't change here. Ok?"

No comments:

Post a Comment