Followers

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Forgetting Something?

I quickly meet up with Olivia in the other room. "Aren't we forgetting something?" I ask. "Cant think of a thing." She replies. "Not one thing?" Olivia stares at me for a moment. "We're not bringing him with us." She says firmly. "Why not? He's safe now." "Exactly. Now." "Well, if he ever gets out of hand again you know you can fire him with a pink heart again." I remind. "I told you. I don't like doing that unless I have to. It drains my energy." I shake my head. "I still don't see the problem." "We don't even know what he locked up for." "We could ask him." I suggest. Olivia glares at me. "You really think he'd tell the truth?" "Maybe. It's possible." "Even if he did. We're breaking the law." "Who cares? We stole a cop car." Olivia sighs. She takes a beat. "So, what do you suggest? We let him work in the ice cream parlor." "No." "Then what?" "I don't know. Maybe we can release him on the streets." I say. Olivia rubs her face. "That's a terrible idea. But I don't have a better suggestion, and I guess we probably shouldn't let him starve to death." "So, we can release him?" I ask, unsure. "Yeah, sure. We'll release him."

No comments:

Post a Comment