Followers

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Waffle Cones

Twenty minutes later Wilber met us outside holding two double scoop, chocolate chip strawberry waffle comes. "Norm wanted to give this to you, but I insisted I do it myself." He says, handing us the ice cream. "After all I haven't thanked you yet." " I appreciate the ice cream, but I'm not sure we did anything." I  admit. "Nonsense. You made me remember who I was and that in turn made the store remember who it was." "That's what Norm said." I say. Wilber smiles. "What do you think of the ice cream?" He asks. "Very good." Olivia replies.  I point to the huge neon sign. "You gonna change the name?" "I don't see why I would." "It's your store. "  Wilber shakes his head. "It's as much his as it is mine. Besides I think I think it works better with his name."  Wilber glances back at the store. "Speaking of which I should get back there and help the little guy." "You need any help?" Olivia asks. "No, we've got it under control. You two enjoy your ice cream and your... oh almost forget." Wilber reaches in his apron. He pulls out two peanut butter granola bars and hands them to us. "Now I really should go." He turns on his heel and walks away. I stare at my granola bar.  I wonder if I should give it to the prisoner or have it all to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment