Followers

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Pay Phone

As it turns out the abandoned city is one of the few places on Earth where one could find a payphone. We spotted it outside of a rundown police station. There was graffiti all over the sides of the phone, but it worked. We picked up the receiver. There was a dial tone. Neither of us hand any spare change, however, I did not few this as a problem. I knew James Bean was well off. I was going to collect call him. Reverse the charges. He was good for it. I called collect. When the operator on the other end asked for my name I took a deep breath. This is when you want to make your name and message as clear as possible because there is no guarantee that the person on the other end will pick up. After I heard the beep, I said as loudly and as clearly as I could "HI THIS IS SCOTT AND OLIVIA WE'RE IN THE ABANDONED CITY THAT WE TOLD YOU ABOUT. WE REALLY REALLY NEED YOUR HELP GETTING ICE CREAM. THANKS. BYE." I exhaled.. I waited a moment for James to pick up the phone. Unfortunately all I heard was a click followed by silence. I hung up the phone. "What happened?" Olivia asks. "Couldn't get a hold of him. Wanna try again?" I ask. Olivia shakes her head. "No, I don't want to bother him." "Then what should we do?" "I'm assuming he has caller ID. He'll call back."

No comments:

Post a Comment