Followers

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

The Place to Be

Norm's Fantasmagorical Fountain Shop had a line that stretched out the door, and there were even more people inside. It was packed wall to wall with people. Mostly soldiers, but there were some civilians as well. Norm spotted us right away. He pushed past the many ankles to greet us. "Isn't this great? Look at all these people. We may have to recruit that bum, Freddy." Norm says. "It is, but where did they all come from?" Olivia asks. Norm shrugs. "Off the street." "Aren't they dissapointed?" She asks. Norm squints his eyes. "Why would they be dissapointed?" "Because we don't have any ice cream." Olivia explains. "Correction, we didn't have any ice cream. We do now." "Where did it come from?" I ask. "I don't know. It just showed up." He says. "What do you mean it just showed up?" "Exactly what I said. It just kinda materialized. My theory is that because Wilber remembered who he was the store remembered who it was." Norm guesses. Olivia and I look at each other. "Hey, it's great seeing you guys and all, but I should get back to work." "Yeah, go." I say. "Oh, before I go.. you guys want anything? Like a milkshake or cone or something?" "We couldn't ask for anything." Olivia replies. "Nonsense. I know Wilber won't mind. So, I'll go back to work, but I'll meet you outside in ten minutes and I'll have something spectacular that you'll both love."

No comments:

Post a Comment