Followers

Friday, May 19, 2017

The Prisoner

We soon found ourselves eye to eye with what could very well be a crazy prisoner. He had a long, gnarly, black beard.  His eyes showed he hadnt slept for days, and he wore a dirty, tattered , trench coat.  He was locked up good, but Olivia I chose to stand away from him against the wall. "It's so good you came to save me." He says with a crooked smile. "What makes you think we'll save you." Olivia snipes. "You're here aren't you?" "That doesn't mean anything." She says. "It means everything. Now that you've seen me. You couldn't possibly leave." "Watch me." She says without any emotion. She walks out of the the room and doesn't look back. For whatever reason I stay behind. "She'll be back." He tells me.  "I don't think she will." The prisoner thinks for a moment. "I suppose I don't need her to get me out." "Yeah you do. She has the keys." "Then you should get them." "I don't know. I'm not convinced I should." "Convinced? You need convincing?" He says, grabbing the metal bars and shaking violently. "Yes, I do. Especially after that display." I say. "Look at me. I was left here alone. Forgotten." "What did you do?" "What does it matter? I'll starve to death. " "Maybe you deserve it." I say coldly. "Deserve it? You think I deserve it? You think anyone deserves this?" He shouts. He grabs the bars and shakes violently again. I walk away from the mad prisoner. I don't want it to happen, but as I'm exiting, his words enter my brain and guilt enters my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment