Followers

Friday, May 5, 2017

Possible Partner

"Well, Olivia and I were planning on reopening the malt shop." I explain. Norm squints his eyes. "Really?" "Yep." "This dump?" "It won't look like this when we open." I  say.  Norm examines the room. "You better get to work then." I sigh. "I know."  I pick up the broom and begin sweeping again. Norm stops me a moment later. "You know I could work for you guys." I turn around and study Norm. I try to see if he is joking, but he appears sincere. "You wanna work for us?" I ask. "Well, with you. I figure I come in here and pretend to work all the time. Why not do it for real?" I shrug. "I guess." "I could even come up with the name." He snaps his fingers. "I got it! Norm's Fantasmagorical Fountain Shop!" "Norm's  Fantasmagorical Fountain Shop?" I repeat. "Yeah, I know this is technically a malt shop, but we have soda fountain and I thought it sounded better than Norm's Fantasmagorical Malt Shop." "But why is it your name?" I ask. "Because I came up with it and my name is a name people trust." I shake my head. "Sure." "Hey, why don't you get some rest? It's late." "I can't. There's still so much to do." "I know, but I can work on it." I stare at Norm, baffled. "You sure?" "Positive. Remember that boat I made? I did that in a night. Cleaning this'll be a piece of cake." I nod slowly. "Ok. As long as you are ok with me leaving." "I'm fine. Go rest." "Alright. I'll do that." I exit the room and I prepare for some much needed Z's.

No comments:

Post a Comment