Followers

Friday, May 26, 2017

Food for Thought?

I study the granola bar for what feels like a lifetime. I wonder just what is the ethical thing to do? Should I feed the vagabond before I feed myself? Even though it might be some time till I get to eat again? Finally, Olivia snaps me out of my daze. "You gonna eat that or what?" She asks. "I'm thinking." I reply. "I know." I turn my gaze from the granola bar to Olivia. "I don't know what I should do." "You take off the wrapper and you eat it." "I mean how can I eat this in good conscience knowing full well that the prisoner is starving to death?" Olivia sighs. She then unlocks the cop car and hops in the driver side. "Really?" I say in disbelief. Olivia shrugs. "I don't get it, but I'm not gonna fight it." I eagerly climb into the passenger seat. "But," she says, fastening her seat belt. "I wouldn't give him the whole thing. Maybe just half."

No comments:

Post a Comment