Followers

Monday, September 25, 2017

Groundhog's Day

As I looked on the long abandoned buildings of the ghost city a deep melancholy overcame me. No matter what we did we could not escape this damn city. I feared we'd  be doomed to stuck here for all time. "This is our destiny." I say out loud. "Maybe." Olivia says, hopefully. She starts walking with a strange confidence. "Where are you going?" I ask. "I don't know." "But you looked so sure of yourself." Olivia smiles. "Isn't that half the battle?" There is a brief silence as we trek down the road. "You said this was a memory?" I say. "It might be." "Then what should we do?" "I don't know." I think for a minuet. "Maybe this is like that movie groundhog's day. Maybe we're to stay here until we  learn everything we're supposed to learn." "What do you think we need to learn?" She asks. "I couldn't say." There is another brief silence. "Maybe it's not about learning something new. Maybe it's about doing something different." Olivia says. "You could be right, but there are infinite things we could do differently." "I know." I study Olivia's face. I can tell something is cooking in her brain. "What do you want to do different this time?" Olivia turns to me. A big smile sweeps across her face. "I wanna take over the tower this time."

No comments:

Post a Comment