Followers

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Invisible Threats

I wasn't sure what Jack was trying to protect us from. As we continued our journey there weren't any aliens or threats of any kind. The stars were even becoming scant. It's possible that all these threats to our very survival were invisible, but I grew doubtful. "He thinks we're children." I said with the utmost frustration. "No, there is something out there." Olivia replies. "I doubt it. We've been walking for hours, and we haven't come across anything yet." "There is something out there." Olivia repeats. I roll my eyes. "Yeah, sure. Somewhere." "No, I'm telling you. There's something out there. I feel it." She shouts. Olivia strengthens the bubble. It glows even brighter. "What's out there?" I ask. Olivia hushes me. She stands concentrating for a moment. Nothing happens. Slightly disappointed, she turns to me. "I guess I was wrong." As Olivia is about to lower her concentration, two purple, mini tornadoes swirl in the center of the bubble. My fists were clenched. I was ready to fight whoever, or whatever these tornadoes were. Then, much to my surprise, when  purple smoke cleared I saw Norm and Todd. I was happy at least to see Norm, however, I don't think they even noticed us. They were frightened, but not frightened at suddenly appearing somewhere they weren't before. They were frightened at something that was outside the bubble. Truly frightened, and try as I may I could not for the life of me see what was scarring them.

No comments:

Post a Comment