Followers

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Release Her

Crossing the nursery was like something out of a disgusting war film. Every few feet I had to dodge alien drool that hurled itself towards me. Like an unarmed soldier escaping his trench, I was doubtful as to whether or not I'd make it to the enemy territory. To my surprise and delight we did make it. We crept up on the alien child. It had its back to us, but I could see it held Olivia in one hand tightly. With another hand it was grooming Olivia's hair. "She thinks your friend is a doll." Jack says to me. "Well, duh." I say to myself. "I'll get her down. Don't worry." Jack cuffs his hands over his mouth. He then squeaks loudly in a foreign language. The alien infant turns. It sees Jack and its eyes widen. Jack squeaks again to it. The infant shakes its head. Jack squeaks yet again, this time, however, he does it with venom. The infant lowers its head in shame. It releases Olivia, unfortunately she is still a good thirty feet above the ground. I start running to her frantically. Even though I have nothing to catch her with other than my own breakable arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment