Followers

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

View from the Top

I had forgotten, or at least pushed it out of my mind that there was no elevator in the tower. The only way up was one narrow, banged up stair case. I don't exaggerate when I say it took a good chuck of the day to ascend the stairs. When we finally made it up to the very top office there was no one there. There was no Davies, no Todd, and certainly no Eagle Eyes. It was just an empty room with open windows. The only thing that was left behind was a desk with some blue prints on it. "I suppose we don't have to fight anyone for it." I say. "No we don't. It's ours. All ours." Olivia replies, staring out the window. I hear her laugh to herself. "What's so funny?" I ask. "I just wish we had a flag." "I could make one." I say. Olivia smiles. "No need to. This is ours." I join Olivia in looking out the window. "What do we do if the army comes back?" "We fight." She says, simply. "You think they will come back?" I ask. "Maybe. But I'm not concerned. I don't think this was ever really theirs." "I suppose if they're willing to come back and fight for it then there must be something to this building." I suggest. Olivia nods. "That's what I figured. I honestly don't know what I want to do with it yet, but I believe this building is the heart of the city. It's got to be important."

No comments:

Post a Comment