Followers

Monday, September 4, 2017

Hologram

"Jack?" I say in a stunned disbelief. Even though, deep down I know that nothing should surprise me anymore. "That's me. Or at least an aspect of me. Listen, I'm real sorry about what just happened." "What did happen?" I ask. "Oh, one of the children thought you were a toy. But don't worry, he'll get a stern talking to." "That was a child?" I shout. Jack nods. "And a mischievous one at that." There is a brief pause. "I'm not on Earth, am I?" "Not exactly." Jack says. "May I ask where am I?" Jack nods again. "I'll explain." The holographic image of Jack vanishes. It is now just me and the night sky. I curse a blue streak demanding that he come back. After a minuet or so, a door appears out of nowhere. It opens up to intense ray of light, followed shortly by Jack. This time though it is the real Jack, not a hologram. "Hold your horses. I said I'd explain. I just wanted to get closer."

No comments:

Post a Comment