Followers

Friday, September 22, 2017

In Memories

"Norm, buddy, what's got you so rattled?" I ask my raccoon friend who is staring into space. He does not respond so I try Todd. "Todd, maybe you can help me figure out what's going on." He does not respond either. They both continue to stare in horrified silence. "I don't think they're really here." Olivia says. "Then what am I looking at?" "Not them. At least not the complete version of them." "I don't understand." I say. "That's ok. I might." Olivia says as she lowers her pink bubble shield. "Why'd you do that? Isn't there something out there?" I shout. "There is, but I don't think it's anything we need to be afraid of." I look at Norm and Todd. They continue to watch the invisible enemy. "I think they would say otherwise." "They're memories." Olivia informs me. "What?" "Just watch." I stare at Norm and Todd for a moment. Two purple tornadoes appear out of nowhere just like before. This time, however, they carry Norm and Todd away with them. "What the hell? Was that a mirage?" I ask. "No. They were memories. We were in a memory. Which means..." Thick purple smoke encircles us. It is only there a moment, but when it leaves we find ourselves back in the ghost city. My jaw drops. "I don't understand any of this." Olivia stands up straight. "I might."

No comments:

Post a Comment