Followers

Friday, September 29, 2017

Weird Moon

"What time is it?" Olivia asks, while still gazing at the outside world. "It's about a quarter to six. why you ask? You got somewhere to be?" "No, it's just cloudy all the sudden. I suppose that's not really out of the ordinary though." "Not really." I reply. I continue to scratch away at the blueprints while Olivia looks to the sky. "Huh." She says to herself. "What?" "It's the moon." "What about the moon?" "It looks strange." "Strange how?" I ask, my curiosity slowly peaking. "Its a crescent, but that's not the strange part. Its... well I can't explain. You have to see for yourself." I get up and I walk to the window. Olivia shows me the weird moon. "Cool. It's looks kinda like the moon I just drew." I say, not thinking anything of it. "You drew that moon?" Olivia asks. "Don't be silly. I drew a moon that just happens to look like the moon in the sky at the moment." I walk back to the blueprints. Olivia follows me. "It looks exactly like the kind of moons you draw." She says. "I don't know about exactly." "No, exactly." She corrects. I shrug it off. "Draw something else." She says. "Like what?" "Anything. I'm positive you did that." She says, pointing to the sky. I scratch my head. "Maybe I'll erase the clouds. I wasn't fond of them." I erase the clouds on the blueprints. A few seconds later there is bright light streaming in. I squint my eyes. "God, it sure got sunny." Olivia smiles brightly, recognizing the full potential of the magic blueprints. "It sure did."

No comments:

Post a Comment