Followers

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

To Trust or Not to?

Our protective bubble only served to further confuse Jack. He tapped his enormous fingers on the outside of the bubble. It caused an intense reverberation that almost jostled Olivia out of her concentration. "We're not coming out." I shout to Jack. "What do you mean you're not coming out?" He asks. "We don't trust you." "You don't trust me?" He repeats. "No, we don't. We have no reason to." Olivia says. Jack shakes his monstrous head. "Give me a break. If I wanted to kill you I would have already." "He does have a point." I say to Olivia. "Perhaps, but I still don't trust him. I sill don't trust you." She shouts. "You don't want to trust me, fine. I'll leave you alone. But remember there are far nastier things out there than me." He exits without saying another word. We are then left alone in the black space, partially illuminated in our bubble. "What do you think he meant by nastier things than him?" I ask Olivia. "I don't know." She says. "I think we may have made a mistake." I tell her. She breathes slowly. "I know."

No comments:

Post a Comment