Followers

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

The Old Tower

We headed towards the tower, unsure if we were in a memory or were merely transported back to the abandoned city.  I didn't even know why Olivia wanted to take over the tower, but she led with such confidence that it was impossible not to get swept away. When we got there, it looked just as I remembered it, boarded up and desolate. "We're here." I say, looking up at the mile high skyscraper. "We sure are." "So, why do you want to take over the tower?" I ask. "Because." She responds simply. "Oh. Because." I reply, sarcastically. Olivia forcefully removes the two by fours nailed to a side window. She then pops the window open with little effort. After that, she crawls in the tower through the widow. I stand there, stunned for a second. "Are you coming or what?" She shouts from inside the building. I shrug and then crawl in.

No comments:

Post a Comment