Followers

Friday, September 8, 2017

Nursery

On the other side of the door was a room full of strange beings. They all had pink skin that was the texture of sandpaper. Each one of them had many, many limbs with claw-like hands. They all had big, bulging eyes, and every single one of them was the height of a small building. But I noticed something even stranger. They were all in various states of play. Some were making forts out of blocks, some were playing hinde n' seek, and some were even naping. "Are these the adults?" I ask, even though I know the answer. "No, don't be foolish. This is the nursery." "The nursery? You mean they're all..." "Infants? Yep. Every single one of them." Jack replies. "Shit. How big does your species get?" "Big. But we're not here to talk about me." Jack says. "You said "that brat" earlier. You think you know who took her?" I ask, changing the subject. "I have an idea. We just have to look for a child playing by themselves." "What about that one in the corner?" I ask, pointing to an alien with its back to us. Jack shrugs. "It's a good place to start."

No comments:

Post a Comment