Followers

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Star Walk

I walked with Jack to the end of the table. He pointed out various stars and constellations,  but he never explained to me where we were. I had to bring up the subject again. He chuckled to himself and then responded "On a table." "But where is the table?" "It's floating in space." He says, with a coy smile. I let out an annoyed sigh. "Perhaps you're not asking the right questions?" He says. "You're right. How did I get here on this table in the middle of space?" "There ya go!" Jack shouts. "Well, how did I get here?" Jack smiles. "I remembered who I was." "And you're an alien?" I question. "To you, yes." "What does that even mean?" "It means that to you I could be considered an alien. But to me you're the alien. You see it's all a matter of perspective." I roll my eyes. "I'm happy for really. Just tell me where I am and how to get back home." "You want to go back home?" He asks. "Ideally. Yes." Jack shakes his head. "I'm afraid to say it  was kinda a one way trip." I rub my face in exhaustion. "Could you at least tell me where Olivia is?" Jack squints his eyes. "The girl?" "Yes, the girl. Where is she?" "Isn't she usually with you?" "She is, but we were separated. She was placed in a different container." My words slowly sink in Jack's head. I can tell he knows where she is. "That brat." He mutters. Jack then creates a door out of nothing. He opens it and ushers me to come along. "I'd prefer if you went first." I say.Jack nods. He walks through the door. I follow him a second later.

No comments:

Post a Comment