Followers

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Dishes

A well planned meal is much like Christmas. Once the festivities are over you aren't left with much other than a faint aroma and the hope that the next holiday is just around the corner. Or that you make the next day just as special.I'm working on my domestic duties right now. Scrubbing the dishes with Sheri. It's tough, and often gross, but I enjoy seeing the soap bubbles every now and then. Olivia is with Douglas. They're in the living room, watching a Schwarzenegger flick. It isn't Terminator or any of his more famous ones. All I know is that there are lots of explosions. Lots and lots of explosions. I'm in the kitchen, but it feels as if I am right there. They must have the T.V. cranked up all the way. "You don't mind doing the dishes?" Sheri asks. "No, not at all." I take off my yellow, rubber gloves momentarily to scratch my nose. "That's only problem." I explain. Sheri nods. "Yes, it seems every time my hands are full is when I get nose itches as well." I smile and put my gloves back on. "Have you ever been to the jungle?" I ask, changing the subject. "Our jungle?" "Yes." "No, I've never cared to venture that far." She admits. I pause and reflect for a moment. "What is it?" She asks. "There is something living in there." I say. "Well, I know Doug has seen scorpions in there." I shake my head no. "No, I don't think that's what it was." "What did it looks like?" She asks. " I don't know. We could mostly just see its eyes. But it could talk." Sheri looks up at me sternly and takes off her gloves. She then proceeds to walk to the living room. "What did I say?" I ask. She stops and turns around. "If there is something going on out there, I want to know about it."

No comments:

Post a Comment