Followers

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Observing the Long Necks

We watch the giant creatures sip from the reservoir. "I was never into dinosaurs as a child, but now I can't stop watching. Why is that?" Olivia asks. "Because they're fascinating. Because it's something that's never been photographed." "A dragon has never been photographed." She replies. I shake my head. "Then it's fascinating because it's something new." I say. "What do you think it feels like?" "An elephant?" I suggest. "I never pet an elephant." She says, still looking at the dinosaur in awe. "Me either." Olivia springs up and starts to walk to the reservoir. "What are you doing?" I ask. "I'm gonna go pet it." "What about the predators?" "We can defend ourselves. Come on." She says, ushering to join her. I hesitate for a moment and then leap to my feet. Admittedly I am curious about the texture of dinosaur skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment