Followers

Sunday, January 18, 2015

The Audience

The mud continues to spiral into the sky. Slowly it ascends. Ever so slowly. It doesn't ever stop, but the bits of mud become smaller and smaller. Almost to the point that they are unnoticeable to the naked eye. When the sky looks peaceful and calm, Olivia and I become illuminated bye two large eyes. The eyes are soon followed by a sinister grin. "Can I get an audience?" It requests. The area lights up with eyes and mouths. They all cheer and laugh menacingly. " Who is hungry?" The eyes in the sky ask the audience. The crowd cheers like a pack of ravenous hyenas. "Then come and get it!" It announces. The eyes leap into the air and zip past us. We have the protective bubble, so none have landed on us. However, they keep zipping past us so fast that Olivia can not shoot any of them with pink hearts. We haven't even seen any of the creatures in their entirety. All we can discern are the occasional snouts and hoofs. I View the madness for a moment. I watch the eyes leap here and there. I see they don't come as close to the bubble as I thought the did. Our pink bubble emits a light. It's faint, but it gives me an idea. I pick up our temporarily discarded flashlights and aim them directly above my head. " I want you to focus all of your energy into this bubble." I instruct Olivia. Olivia closes her eyes and concentrates. Nothing happens at first. The crowd still leap over and around our pink bubble. Then, as if on cue, a giant searchlight stretches out of the bubble and into the atmosphere. The leaping eyes that were caught in the beam shriek and disappear. The others skimper away. "That seemed to get rid of them." I say, still pointing the flashlights in the air. "What about the leader?" Olivia asks, slowly peeling her eyes open. " I don't know, but I wouldn't celebrate just yet."

No comments:

Post a Comment