Followers

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Take Action

Sometimes it's good to leave yourself alone to your thoughts. Letting them go where they go. Other times, not so much. It is in those moments that self doubt is rampant, and every possible worry is amplified to the 100 degree. Perhaps, that is when one should stick to the quiet the most. Push past it somehow. Push past the anxiety. Push past the tightness in the chest. Push past to the pot of gold on the other side. It's all theory, as I usually can't allow myself to sit with those feelings long enough for any type of pay off. Movement is what will make me feel better. Action is what will make me feel good. Against better judgement, I leave the protective pink bubble. The bubble prevents strangers from entering, yet it yields to my exit. There is a slight tingle, but that is all. Olivia is still in her zone, focused with her legs crossed. She either doesn't notice, or doesn't mind my leaving. I'll assume for the sake of argument that she doesn't mind. Outside, the fog is as thick as ever. I feel the fog wrapping itself around me. Tightening its grip like a boa constrictor. It becomes harder to breath. My body is being lifted into the air above the fog. Higher it pulls me into sky where the moonlight reveals the outline of an enormous hand wrapped around me. The fingers were so long that they circled me twice. The menacing eyes appeared. Followed by a razor sharp grin.

No comments:

Post a Comment