Followers

Thursday, January 15, 2015

What's Out There?

Sheri stands in front of the television and blocks the view of the electric violence. Douglas cranes his neck and tries to see around her. "Honey, can you move? I can't see." He requests. "Why didn't you tell me?" She demands. "Tell you what?" He asks, still trying to see around her. "That we have visitors in the jungle." "What are you talking about?" Sheri turns off the T.V. "I was told there are animals in there." She explains. Douglas stares, dumbfounded. "Animals that shouldn't be there." She continues. Douglas sighs. "It's their home." Sheri crosses her arms. "That doesn't make me feel any safer." She says. "I wouldn't worry, one of the dinosaurs could stomp it." He says as a matter of fact. "But what if it's something bigger and more ferocious?" She asks, frantically. I interrupt the conversation. "We could check it out." Douglas reaches for the remote and flips the T.V. back on. "There ya go. Problem solved." "I don't know if that's a good idea either." She says, nervously. Douglas waves his hand. "They'll be fine." Sheri walks into the kitchen. She rummages through some drawers. A moment later she comes back with two flashlights. She hands them to us. "If you're gonna go, at least use these."

No comments:

Post a Comment