Followers

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The Climb

Here is a little known fact. I can't get on a horse let alone ride one. Growing up in suburban Chicago, having such knowledge would have made little, if any significance. I could ride a bike. I could do all sorts of tricks. I would probably be able to remember some of those tricks too, but most likely it will not come as a surprise, a horse and a bicycle are two very different things. "How do we get on it?" I ask. " First, I would recommend you put down your shield." I look down at my yellow shield that I earned. "No way." "You can't climb with that." She says to me. " But its mine now." "I know, but you can come back for it later." I sigh and place the shield on the muddy ground. "Well'll come back back for it. No one will steal it." She assures me. "How do we climb it?" I ask. Olivia walks over to its tail. She latches herself onto it, and cups her hands in the groves of its skin. "This is probably the easiest way to go." She says to me while attempting to climb. I follow her lead. The groves in the dinosaur's skin creates perfect footholds for climbing. That's not to say the climb was a cake walk. I almost fell a couple times, but it was a lot easier than I thought it might be. We go to the top of the dinosaur. The view was spectacular. By this point, a reddish sun was waiting for bed time. Our long neck friend cracks his head to us. It does not appear upset in the slightest. He seems to welcome us as if he were expecting us. Olivia blurts out in excitement. "Take us somewhere with adventure." It nods slowly and whips its head back around and proceeds to walks forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment