Followers

Friday, January 16, 2015

Flashlight Walk

Flashlights in hand, we explore night time at the ranch. With nothing blocking the way, the beams of light stretch for miles. A beam passes by one of the brachiosauruses. We notice that it sleeps standing up. Much like a cow. "Look at that! Who knew?" Olivia proclaims, pointing to the sleeping giant. "Careful, I don't want to step in any droppings." I announce while aiming my flashlight at the ground. "That's what you're more concerned of?" Olivia asks. " I can deal with the idea of carnivorous animals, however, I don't want to land in anything." "How about you point it to the ground, and I'll aim straight ahead." We do that for a while. My flashlight aimed to the ground, and hers straight ahead. Nothing will get by us. Before I know it though, I have to stop for a break. It is much further than I realized it would be. "How long we been out here?" I ask, trying to catch my breath. "About ten minuets." "Why didn't it feel so long last time?" "Because we had a ride." Olivia tugs at my sleeve. "We have to keep going."

No comments:

Post a Comment