Followers

Monday, January 26, 2015

The Jaws

It brings me closer to its mouth where its fangs eagerly wait to rip into my flesh. Death is nearing. It prepares itself to chomp down on my skin when all the sudden something stops it. It tries again with no luck. Something is blocking its jaws. It tries in vain to clamp down. After a few mighty tries the , the jaws release their hold on me and the eyes disappear into the night sky. It is then that I realize that I am in a bubble. Olivia must have shot one up to me. I descend slowly until my bubble connects to hers and I am on the ground once more. "Thank you." I say to her. "That was foolish what you did." I take a deep breath. " I know." "Why did you do it?" She asks. "I don't know. Thought I could handle it." Olivia's eyes widen. " By yourself?" "I guess." "I won't let you do that. I'm sticking around." She says, sternly. I smile and nod. Olivia punches me on the shoulder. " Don't do stupid shit like that." She warns. I nod once more, realizing that what I had done was foolish and we were looking for trouble just being there. Olivia puts her arm around me. " Let's get the hell out of here."

No comments:

Post a Comment