Followers

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Rolling


A few moments pass by. My saucer sled sinks deeper into the hill creating a divot. I sigh at my attempts to recapture a cherished childhood memory. Olivia approaches my side. "My efforts were in vain." I tell her. "You tried." She says, trying to cheer me up. I grasp a handful of snow. It crumbles and falls through my fingers. "You can't even pack it." I say, frustrated. "Such is life." "This sucks." Olivia scowles at my current in ability to lift myself up. She bends down and grabs hold of the saucer sled. "You attempting to push me again?" I ask. "Something better." She replies. Olivia lifts up the sled, forcing me off it. I immediately fall forward and roll down the hill. She waits a beat before rolling after me. I look like a rag doll being tossed around. Olivia is somehow more graceful. I land on my back, arms and legs a mess. Olivia is not only able to control the momentum as she rolls, she also manages to be sitting up when she lands. "Are you nuts!" I shout. "Maybe." "Why did you do that?" "Buttercup did it to Wesley in Princess Bride. I always wanted to try it." I sit up. Everything hurts. "You did it because of Princess Bride?" I ask. Olivia shrugs. "That and it was the only way to get you to snap out of it." I ruby face. "That was dangerous." I tell her. Olivia grins. "But it was fun, wasn't it?" She continues. I look up at her, eyes filled with wonder. "Yes it was." "Good we'll go again. This time I'll give you pointers."

No comments:

Post a Comment