Followers

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Rough, Worn Leather

I was once told that the Blue Whale is the largest animal. Bigger than any dinosaur. I'm sure that if I were ever to come across one I would marvel at its size. I would wonder how one of those, let alone many could swim and live in the ocean. Yet if you were to tell me its exact size, it would mean little to me. It would be an abstract number that I would shelf somewhere in my brain only to be forgotten. But here we are, looking up at the mighty brachiosaurus. We are like ants in comparison. We barely reach its ankle. In case you were wondering, its skin is interesting. The closest thing I could compare it to would be leather. Rough, worn leather. I wonder if we feel like gnats to it. I know it feels us as it looks down every now and then. I guess it does not mind. It must innately know that we are not a threat. Now is when I make a bold decision. "Wanna ride him?" I ask. Olivia's eyes light up and she smiles big and bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment