Followers

Friday, January 9, 2015

The Eyes, the Eyes

The sinister eyes continue to leer. One set of eyes draws near to us. We can now see a snout and bright white teeth. The eyes draw closer to us. It pounds and shakes the ground with each footstep. Its feet have sharp , bear - like claws. I gulp. Olivia, on the other hand appears calm and collected. "Aren't you scared?" I ask. "They're not gonna attack." She responds. "What makes you so sure?" "They would have pounced already." All the eyes in the background laugh. "Quiet!" The eyes in the foreground shout out. "You can talk?" I gasp. "Yes, I can." The eyes jump and disappear into the shadows. We look around among the sea of eyes to try and find him. "Over here." It says behind me. I turn around to see its glowing, winking eyes. "You were right. We're not going to kill you. At least not now." It says, leaping to the ground. Its body is still out of view from the moonlight. "What do you want from us?" Olivia asks. The animal, the creature, the eyes, smile. "Lights, please." It says. With that, the sun rises and our "friends" vanish, leaving us alone in the jungle. At least it is daylight though.

No comments:

Post a Comment