Followers

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Catwalk

We eventually found refuge in a sewage treatment plant. None of us were thrilled to be there, but it was a chance for us to rest. We climbed a tall ladder and Olivia set us down on a catwalk. I assumed she was going to stay with us, but she took off promptly. "Where are you going?" I asked. " I have to secure the area." Without questioning it I let her go. She left me alone with the man who shot me. Several times he tried to strike a conversation. I, however, was not in the mood. Fortunately , after a moment I heard the metal clanging. I knew it was her. "Olivia." I shouted. She did not respond. I decided to shout louder. "Olivia!" She still did not respond. "It ain't her." Davies says. "Then who is it?" I ask. "It's my guys. Stay where you are." Davies hoists himself up. He can barely stand. He leans most of his weight against the railing, but he is able to push me back. He then placed his boot on my chest in preparation for his his soldiers' arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment