Followers

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Will it Work?

Climbing the ladder to the surface was a daunting experience. I have no idea how Davies or myself made it to the top in our condition other than Olivia doing most of the work. I wanted to thank Olivia once we got to the surface, however I knew it wasn't time to celebrate just yet. I knew we were not out of the woods. "How are we gonna do this?" I ask, leaning my weight on Olivia. "I don't know, but we will." She responds. "But how do we know this will work?" "Please, this is really not the time for your cynicism." She says as calmly as she can. "I'm just saying look at him. Look at his face. How are they supposed to believe we are his prisoners?" Davies turns his bloody face to me. "I may look like this, but you have a bullet wound. Therefore I win." "He's right. We're unarmed, after all." Olivia explains. "But he can barely walk." I shout. "I can walk just fine." Davies takes his weight off Olivia. He attempts to walk on his own, but he falls flat on the sidewalk. Olivia picks him up. "We'll figure something out before we get to headquarters."

No comments:

Post a Comment