Followers

Friday, December 9, 2016

The "prisoner"

Davies posed in victory with his  boot on my chest in preparation of his soldiers. To both of our surprise , it was neither his soldiers nor Olivia. It was Norm with crossbow. He pointed it as menacingly as he could at Davies. "What's your business here?"  "I have come to seek refuge." Davies replies. "Yeah? Well, I'm part of the resistance, and I don't know if I want you here." Norm shouts. Davies chuckles. " I am! I am the resistance and I don't have to let anyone past me." Davies rolls his eyes. "Fine. You're the resistance." "Damn straight. Now who's that under your foot?" "My prisoner." Your prisoner?" I lift my head so Norm can see me. This instantly made him enraged. Norm shot Davies in the arm without warning. Davies recoiled in pain. I sprung up off the floor and stopped Norm before he could load another arrow in the crossbow. "Norm, it's ok." "What do you mean it's ok? He captured you." "All part of the plan." I say calmly. "What?" "I was shot. I need medical attention. Me being his prisoner was a sure fire way to get it." Norm sighs. " I guess that coulda worked. You coulda gotten hurt though." "No shit." Davies grunts. Norm ignores him. "I think the Sgt. is around here somewhere. She could probably help with you guys." "No, no way." Davies shouts. "Listen, you wanna get better?" Davies does not respond. "That's what I thought. I'll see if I can find her. I'll return."

No comments:

Post a Comment