Followers

Saturday, December 10, 2016

We Have to Go

I waited patiently as I heard the metal clanging. I expected Norm to arrive, but like a running gag it was someone unexpected again. This time it was Olivia. She stared at Davies' arrow, then me, and then back at Davies. "I was going to say I saw Freddy, and that Sgt. Rodgers must be around here somewhere, but clearly they got here first." "It was Norm and it was an accident." I say. "I believe that, but now we definitely need help." "I know. Norm is getting Sgt. Rodgers. He thinks she can help." I reply. "What did you say?" Olivia asks in disbelief. "I said Norm is getting Sgt. Rodgers." "Are you insane? We can't do that." "That you." Davies says in a pained grunt. "What? She could help us." "She could, but it doesn't mean she will. We can't trust her." "So, you want to stick with the plan even though Davies has an arrow sticking out of his arm now?" I ask. "Yes! Who knows that might work out in our favor. But right now we have go. I mean what would Sgt. Rodgers say if she saw us now?" "I'd say you're on my turf ,and I wouldn't let you leave." My heart pounded. Sgt. Rodgers was just feet below us.

No comments:

Post a Comment